Step A. Run CMD to remove 'Read Only' from hard disk/USB/SD card/external hard driveIt's quite simple to remove and fix storage device 'Read Only' error by applying CMD command.
The only thing that you need to keep in mind is to be very careful while following the CMD guide steps to remove the ”Read Only” error from an SD card, USB drive, hard disk or external hard drive.
- Connect the ”Read Only” storage device such as an SD card, USB, external hard drive to your PC
- Open a Command Prompt by typing: command in the Search tab, click Command Prompt
- Type: diskpart and hit Enter
- Type: list disk and hit Enter
- Type: select disk 0 and hit Enter (0 will be the drive letter of your read-only hard drive/USB/SD card, etc.)
- Type: attributes disk clear readonly and hit Enter
- Type: exit and hit Enter to finish the process